Suburban Electrical Contractors, Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if it rains?
- We never officially "close" the fair as a result of rain
because we must remain "open" in order to adhere to PA Dept of Ag operating
guidelines. Usually our Competitive Exhibits hall, Livestock buildings,
food concessions and BINGO remain open even in inclement weather. However,
the Amusement Company must also adhere to safety guidelines and therefore
reserves the right to shut down any amusement ride in order to protect
our visitors. Visitors should use common sense when planning a trip
to the fair. Check the weather (see our home page for live forecast!)
before coming to the fairgrounds. Sometimes if it's just a passing shower,
the rides will reopen. However, if heavy rain or storms are forecasted,
it would not be wise to purchase ride bands or tickets that evening
since Ride wristbands and tickets cannot be refunded.
- I lost my wristband, can I get a replacement?
- No. Visitors are responsible for their wristbands after
purchasing them. The Fair or the Amusement Company cannot exchange,
refund or replace wristbands.
- Is there an admission charge to enter the fairgrounds? for any particular
- Kimberton Fair is a "free admission fair with parking by
donation". That means that all of the entertainment shows, nightly contests,
exhibit buildings and livestock displays are free to all visitors. There
are charges for ride wristbands and tickets, games and concessions,
and food. There is also a fee to play BINGO.
- Is there a fee for parking?
- Parking is by donation. All donations directly benefit the
volunteer Fire Company. Members of the fire company donate their time
each evening to do the parking collections.
- What is parking availability like?
- Parking is mostly on grass lots surrounding the fairgrounds.
The fair is able to park all visitors on the fairground property. All
vehicle traffic must enter from Route 113 and exit onto Kimberton Road or Coldstream Road. Parking attendants will direct traffic as needed.
This ensures a safe vehicle traffic pattern to protect our fair visitors.
There is permitted parking on macadam lots for fair workers and concessionaires
who have the required parking pass. Handicap parking is available near
the Livestock Building and also by the Competitive Exhibits building
for motorists with the proper handicap placards.
- Is there an age limit on any area? on any of the rides?
- There is no age limit on any area of the fair except 1)
on certain rides that post a size limitation, 2) BINGO - no one under
18 may play BINGO per our Small Games of Chance license issued by Chester
County, and the Beer/Wine/Casino area.
- What are the fair hours?
- Our midway (rides, entertainment, games, food concessions)
opens at 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 12:00 noon on Saturday,
weather permitting. We are officially open until 10:00 pm, but some
places on the midway may close earlier or later depending on attendance
- What are the hours for the exhibit hall?
- The Exhibit Hall and Livestock barns are open to the public
at 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 12:00 noon on Saturday. The Exhibit
building closes at 10:00 pm.
- Are the fairgrounds wheelchair accessible?
- The midway of the fair is entirely paved and on one level.
All buildings are level with the paved midway areas (i.e. - no steps).
We have handicap accessible bathrooms in both the Livestock building
and the Exhibits Building. Handicap parking is available near the Livestock
Building and also by the Competitive Exhibits building for motorists
with the proper handicap placards. Please note that the handicap parking
near the Livestock building is on grass area. So there would be a short
distance where a wheel chair would have to cross grass before reaching
the paved midway.
- Who gets the money the fair takes in?
- After we pay our expenses, we take a set portion of the
proceeds to set aside for start up for next year's Fair. The remaining
profits are all contributed to the Kimberton Fire Company which they
use to offset expenses for fire equipment, training and facility maintenance.
- How do I become an exhibitor? vendor? contestant? sponsor? volunteer?
- See specific links on our website.
- Are there public restrooms?
- Yes, there are indoor bathrooms in the foyer of the Livestock
building and also in the Exhibits Hall by the Fair Office. There is
also a bathroom trailer located near the exit drive leading out onto
- Are there baby changing areas?
- Yes, in the foyer of the Livestock Building and also in
the Ladies Room in the Exhibit Hall.
- Is there First Aid?
- Yes, we provide first aid stations at the free stage outside
the BINGO building, and also in the foyer of the Livestock building.
- Is there a dress code?
- Visitors are expected to dress comfortably but decently. Anyone
deemed by our Fair Board or local township police to be dressed in a
way that poses a safety or health risk, or offends the public, may be
escorted off the grounds by Township police. Good footwear is a must,
especially if you decide to walk through the cattle barns!
- Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is not permitted in our livestock display and judging
areas, in our Competitive Exhibit building, or in any of the indoor
- Are alcoholic beverages permitted?
- Only in the Fair’s Wine & Beer Garden, and that alcohol must be purchased from the Fair. Anyone found in possession of any other alcohol on the fairgrounds will be reported to the local township police.
- Are pets allowed?
- No. The fairgrounds can become very crowded with much foot
traffic, strollers and golf carts of staff members. Bringing any pets
to the fairgrounds under these conditions poses a safety risk to both
animals and peoplel Please leave your pets at home where they can be
safe and happy.
- I have a complaint, who do I talk to?
- Our Fair Office handles any general fair complaints. The Office is located between
the Donut Kitchen and the Bingo building. The Ride Company handles all ride complaints. Their office trailer is along the midway near the Free Entertainment Stage.
- I had a great time, and/or someone really went out of their way
to make my experience enjoyable, how can I acknowledge them?
- Since we are all volunteers, we love to get positive feedback.
Just stop by our Fair Office and share your enjoyable experience with
- I have a great idea for an event, entertainment, a way to improve
something at the fair, who do I contact?
- All suggestions and feedback can be submitted at our Fair office.